Before a session:
- Do not turn up to a session if you are showing symptoms
- Players must book themselves onto sessions via Badminton England’s online booking system (link to be provided) the DAY BEFORE the session they wish to attend. Failure to do so will mean you will not be allowed to attend the session.
- Do not turn up/enter the hall earlier than the start time of the session. If you arrive early for a session, please wait outside or in your car.
- There will be no changing facilities available therefore, please arrive in your badminton clothes ready to play, with the exception of your shoes which may be changed in the hall.
- When you enter the hall, go straight to your allocated court which you will have been informed of before the session.
- Bring a full bottle of water and do not share food or drink with others.
During a session:
- Players must stay in their allocated groups and stay on their allocated courts. Please don’t go to another court to have a chat whilst you are sat off.
- Maintain 2m social distance when off the court and try to maintain 2m apart when on the court whenever possible. Decide who will take any shots that come down the centre of the court before the game.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on your court. Please use it before and after every session
- No handshakes/high fives/elbow touches – instead say thank you or nod
- If the shuttle from another court ends up on your court, do not pick it up. You may use your racket to flick it back to them.
- Equipment bags should be stored behind the court you are playing on and at least 2 metres from the back of the court and any other players (unless you are from the same household). We will use both sides of the hall to help facilitate this. Please sit by your bag and don’t touch anyone else’s bags, rackets, drinks bottles etc.
- If net/posts need adjusting, tell a COVID-19 officer, do not touch them
- Avoid shouting on or off court
After a session:
- If, after a session, if you experience any of the symptoms of COVID19, contact the NHS and get tested as soon as possible. The club will be contacted through test and trace to provide the details of the other members of the group of 6 you were in contact with.
- Sanitise your racket (and any other items you have used) after the session
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything in the hall.
Booking (confirming attendance) a session is a mandatory part of the Return to play guidance provided by Badminton England in consultation with the government. In order to work out groups and numbers at a session, we have decided to require that everyone confirms their attendance at a club night, the day before the session is due to take place. If for any reason you are unable to make it to a session you have previously confirmed you would attend, you can cancel your booking via the website. Please do this as soon as you know you wouldn’t be able to attend as we may need to re-organise the groups (if you were in a group of 4 for example, the remaining player would have to be merged with other groups if possible)
You are to inform us if you or anyone in your household develops symptoms of COVID-19, so we may inform our members of the potential risk.
If you have changed your telephone number since you joined us please provide us with an updated number. Please ensure your emergency contact number is up to date. Should an emergency happen as we will be unable to touch you or use your phone to call family members.
You are attending sessions at your own risk.
If you do not follow the above safety measures, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the session.
Be sensible and use common sense. If you are unsure, ask